CHILDREN BIBLE STUDY OUTLINE BY PASTOR (MRS.) OLANIKE O. BANSO
TOPIC: THE DANGER OF FOOLISHNESS
TEXT: 1 Samuel 25:2-39
Memory Verse: “A foolish child brings grief to a father and bitterness to a mother”( Proverbs 17:25 NLT).
INTRODUCTION: To be foolish means to be stupid or silly. It means to lack knowledge, wisdom and understanding. A foolish person does not know what to do when there is a problem or difficulty.
EXAMPLES OF FOOLISH PERSONS IN THE BIBLE
1.Nabal: He was a rich man who was married to a woman called Abigail. Abigail said that he was a fool by name and actions.
Nabal had plenty of sheep. David and his men helped to look after Nabal’s men and his animals. One day, when he was having a party with his friends, David sent some of his men to him to give them food because of the kindness he had shown to Nabal’s men and his sheep. Nabal sent David’s men away and insulted David.
David then decided to go and kill every person in Nabal’s family. When Abigail heard about her husband’s wickedness, she quickly went to beg David and gave him and his men food and other things. David then changed his mind. The next morning after Abigail had returned home, Nabal had a heart failure. About ten days after, God struck Nabal and he died. His wife said that he was a fool by name and actions (1 Samuel 25:2-39).
2. Rehoboam: He was the son of King Solomon who became king after him. He rejected the good advice of the elders about how to rule the kingdom and accepted the bad advice of his young friends. This made the kingdom be divided into two. Out of twelve tribes he only reigned over one and lost the rest (1 Kings 12:1-20).
CAUSES OF FOOLISHNESS
1.Not listening to instructions (Proverbs 15:5).
2. By not taking corrections or warning (Proverbs 15:5).
3. By rejecting God (Proverbs 14:1).
4. By being proud or over confident (Proverbs 14:3, 16).
DANGERS OF FOOLISHNESS
1. Foolishness leads to destruction or death (Proverbs 10:21, 18:7).
2. Foolishness causes sin (Proverbs 10:23).
3. A foolish child brings sorrow and grief to his parents (Proverbs. 17:21 & 25, 19:13).
4. A foolish person will become poor in life (Jeremiah 5:4; Proverbs 11:29).
SIGNS OF FOOLISHNESS
1. A foolish person talks too much and uncontrollably (Ecclesiastes 10:14; Proverbs 18:2; Ecclesiastes 5:3).
2. A foolish person blasphemes or speaks against God and the things of God (Psalm 74:18, 14:1).
3. A foolish person does not control his temper, feeling or appetite (Proverbs 18:6, 14:9, 29:11).
4. A fool does not think about tomorrow or the future. He is concerned about today alone (Lamentation 1:9).
5. A foolish person is wasteful or extravagant (Proverbs 21:20).
CONCLUSION: A foolish person will not amount to anything in life. A foolish person will also not have joy or peace, because he will not know how to relate with other people. A foolish person will also not live long. Don’t be foolish. Be smart in thinking, talking, walking and in doing everything you are given to do.
You are not silly. Your name is not Nabal. So don’t behave like him. Each time you are corrected or disciplined over something, and you take to correction, you climb a step higher on the ladder of wisdom. This means you become wiser. Pray to God to deliver you from foolishness and ask Him to give you wisdom and a sound mind. IT IS WELL WITH YOU.
Pastor (Mrs) Olanike Banso is a servant of God in Cedar Ministry International, Abuja, Nigeria. She has a ministry to children.
Phone No: +2348155744752, +2348033113523
WhatsApp No: +2349081295947