CHILDREN BIBLE STUDY OUTLINE BY PASTOR (MRS.) OLANIKE O. BANSO
TOPIC: THE CHILD GOD USES
TEXT: 1 Samuel 3:1-21, 26-28.
MEMORY VERSE: “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6 NKJV).
SONGS: Train up a child, in the way that he should go. And when he is old, he will never depart from it. The Bible tells me in Proverbs Chapter 22 Verse 6. Train up a child in the way that he should go, oh, oh. Train up a child in the way that he should go.
INTRODUCTION: In every generation, God always uses people, both old and young. God uses children as much as He uses adults. God uses people for different purposes and in different capacities. As much as God is interested in using children for His glory, so is the devil interested in using children for evil purposes. Are you available for God to use you even as a child?
EXAMPLES OF CHILDREN IN THE BIBLE GOD USED
1.Samuel: He ministered before the LORD (1 Samuel 3:1, 21).
2. Timothy: He knew the word of God from childhood (2 Timothy 3:15).
3. The boy with five loaves and two fishes: He gave his food to feed 5000 people (John 6:9).
4. Philip’s four daughters: They prophesied before the LORD (Acts 21:9).
5. Jesus: He was committed to His father’s kingdom business as a child (Luke 2:49).
EXAMPLES OF CHILDREN IN THE BIBLE NOT USED BY GOD
1. Hophni and Phinehas: They were children who had no respect for the things of God (1 Samuel 2:12, 17).
2. Absalom: He was a rebellious son (2 Samuel 15:10).
3. The 42 children who mocked Elisha: They made jest of a prophet and were killed by bears (2 Kings 2:23).
PORTRAIT OF THE CHILD GOD USES
1. He or she comes to Christ: The child must be born again and keep having fellowship with God (Luke 18:16). It is written in 2 Timothy 2:19 that “The Lord knows those who are His.”
2. He or she praises and glorifies God at all times (Matthew 21:15-10).
3. He or she fears the LORD (Proverbs 3:7).
4. He or she believes and has faith in God (Habakkuk 2:4).
5. He or she worships in God’s house (1Samuel 1: 24 & 28).
6. He or she receives training (Ephesians 6:4; Proverbs 22:6).
7. He or she learns and understands the scriptures (2 Timothy 3:15).
8. He or she avoids bad company or friends (Proverbs 13:20).
9. He or she avoids sins and bad behaviour e.g. lying, stealing, and speaking bad words (Ephesians 4:29).
BENEFITS OF GOD USING YOU AS A CHILD
1. You will become who or what God wants you to be (1 Samuel 3:20, 4:1).
2. You will become great. Samuel became a great prophet whose words never fell to the ground. Timothy became a great apostle. Jesus became the Saviour of the world (1Samuel 3:20; Luke 4:43).
3. You will be God’s light, God’s witness and God’s mouthpiece in your generation (Matthew 5:16).
4. You will be honoured by God (John 12:26).
CONCLUSION: Give yourself to God and make yourself available for Him to use you. Don’t allow the devil to use you. When God uses you, He also makes you. But when the devil uses a person, he destroys that person. May the LORD find you faithful. STAY BLESSED.
Pastor (Mrs) Olanike Banso is a servant of God in Cedar Ministry International, Abuja, Nigeria. She has a ministry to children.
Phone No: +2348155744752, +2348033113523
WhatsApp No: +2349081295947