CHILDREN BIBLE STUDY OUTLINE BY PASTOR (MRS.) OLANIKE BANSO
TOPIC: PASSING EXAMINATIONS GOD’S WAY
TEXT: Daniel 1:1-20
MEMORY VERSE: Deuteronomy 28:13: “And the LORD will make you the head and not the tail.”
INTRODUCTION: Examination is a program of being tested in order to discover how much knowledge or wisdom a person has. Success in examination leads to promotion and honour.
EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE WHO PASSED EXAMINATION
1. Daniel and his three friends: They were trained in Babylon for royal service, but decided to live for God and trust in Him. After the period of the training and examination, only the four of them were excellent and were ten times better than even the wise men and magicians of Babylon (Daniel 1:20).
2. Abraham: God tested him by asking him to offer his son as a sacrifice to God. Abraham passed the test of God, and he was blessed forever (Genesis 22:1-18).
3. Jesus: The devil tested Jesus three times and Jesus did not fail any of the tests (Matthew 4: l-11, John 14:30).
EXAMPLES OE PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE WHO FAILED EXAMINATION
1. Judas Iscariot: He was tested by the Jews to see if he would betray Jesus. After he was paid thirty silver coins, he took them to where Jesus was arrested (Luke 22:1-6, 47).
2. Ananias and Saphira: They were tempted to lie about the money they got from the land they sold. The two of them later died one after the other (Acts 5:1-11).
3. Samson: He failed the test of the Philistines by telling the secret of his power to a woman named Delilah and he was captured. The Philistines made jest of him and plucked out his eyes, before he later died with the enemies (Judges 16:1-31).
BAD WAYS TO DO AN EXAMINATION
1.Cheating in whatever form which include:
(a) Writing answers on the desk or a paper.
(b) Copying answers from your note book or text book.
(c) Asking other pupils to tell you answers to questions.
(d) Looking or peeping at other pupils’ answers.
2. Guessing in examination because of lack of preparation.
3. Using charm, juju or devil’s power to pass examination.
4. Bribing teachers or paying money for questions that will come out in exam. This happens mostly in secondary schools.
RIGHT WAYS TO PREPARE AND PASS EXAMINATIONS
1.Trust in the Lord to help you (Proverbs 3:5).
2. Prepare adequately by reading well and seeking help from your teacher or parents before the exam comes (2Chronicles 27:6).
3. Pray to God for wisdom, understanding and an excellent spirit (James 1:5, Dan.5:l2,14).
4.Pray against the spirit of forgetfulness, mistakes and failure.
CONCLUSION: You are not made to fail because God has said that you shall be the head and not the tail and that you shall be above only and not below (Deuteronomy 28:13). The only success which lasts and leads to promotion is the one which comes from God and not from cheating. May you have good success in your examination in Jesus’ name (Joshua 1:8). STAY BLESSED!
Pastor (Mrs) Olanike Banso is a servant of God in Cedar Ministry International, Abuja, Nigeria. She has a ministry to children.
Phone No: +2348155744752, +2348033113523
WhatsApp No: +2349081295947