CHILDREN BIBLE STUDY OUTLINE BY PASTOR (MRS.) OLANIKE BANSO
TOPIC: MANNERS IN GOD’S HOUSE
TEXT: John 2:13-17
MEMORY VERSE: “But the LORD is in His holy temple. Let all the earth keep silence before Him” (Habakkuk 2:20 NKJV).
SONG: You must be holy unto me, for I the LORD am holy (2ce).
INTRODUCTION: God’s house is the place where God is present or where He lives. The Church is the house of God today and we must show great respect for the house of God. Manners in God’s house refer to the quality of behaviour or conduct in God’s house.
PEOPLE WHO DID NOT TREAT GOD’S HOUSE AND THINGS WITH RESPECT
1.Nebuchadnezzar: He burnt the temple at Jerusalem and took away all the articles of worship (2 Chronicles. 36: 17-19).
2. Belshazzar: He and his wives and princes used gold vessels from God’s temple to drink wine (Daniel 6:1-6).
3. The Jews who sold things in the temple (Matthew 21:12; Mark 11:15; John 2:14).
PEOPLE WHO HONOURED GOD’S THINGS AND HOUSE
1. Jesus: He sent away people who turned God’s house to a market and cleaned the house of God (Matthew 21:12-13; Mark 11:15-16; John 2:14-16).
2. King Cyrus: He rebuilt the temple of God that was burnt (2 Chronicles 36: 22-23).
3. Nehemiah: He rebuilt the walls of the house of God that fell down (Nehemiah 1: 13 & 17).
4. King Joash: He repaired the house of God (2 Chronicles 24:4-13.)
PEOPLE WHO DID NOT HONOUR GOD’S HOUSE
1.Hophni and Phinehas: They despised the offering of the LORD and they died (1Samuel 12-17).
2. Nadab and Abihu: They offered strange fire and they died before the LORD (Numbers 26:61).
MANNERS IN GOD’S HOUSE
1. Walk gently. Don’t run around in God’s house.
2. Treat things in God’s house with respect. Don’t climb on the chairs; don’t play around the altar; don’t play with instruments; and don’t write on the walls.
3. Keep God’s house clean. Don’t litter God’s house.
4. Give offering respectfully and quietly. Don’t throw money or give bad money in Church.
5. Behave well and participate during the service. Join others to sing, pray, dance, or clap at the right time.
THINGS THAT GOD CALLS HOLY AND THAT WE MUST RESPECT
(1) God Himself (2) God’s servants or pastors (3) The Word of God (4) God’s House or temple (5) Articles in God’s house.
CONCLUSION: Fear the LORD and treat as holy what God calls holy. Differentiate between what is holy and what is common (Leviticus 10:10). If you behave well in God’s house, God will honour you. People who misbehave in God’s house or treat God’s things badly will receive God’s judgement. Do you want God’s honour or God’s judgement? STAY BLESSED!
Pastor (Mrs) Olanike Banso is a servant of God in Cedar Ministry International, Abuja, Nigeria. She has a ministry to children.
Phone No: +2348155744752, +2348033113523
WhatsApp No: +2349081295947