CHILDREN BIBLE STUDY OUTLINE
TOPIC: DON’T SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF THE DEVIL
TEXT: JOHN 2:13-17
MEMORY VERSE: Prov 12:22: “Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who deal truthfully are His delight.”
SONG: Don’t do it. Don’t ever do it. Jesus never did it that way. Don’t do it.
INTRODUCTION: God has given man the ability to speak and communicate. He has also given man the ability to develop and speak different languages. Can you name some languages-both foreign and indigenous?
WHAT IS THE LANGUAGE OF THE DEVIL?
As we have different languages, there is also a language called the language of the devil, which is lying. John 8:44 explains plainly what the language of the devil is:
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies (NKJV).
Many children and adults alike speak the language of the devil. Some people cannot speak any truth no matter how little. There is no truth in them. Some people even lie over what does not need lying about. To lie means to speak falsehood. It means being untruthful. It means to speak what is not true. People who tell liars are called liars. Do you like that name?
There are different levels of lying
- Lying against others (Mark 14:56-57).
- Lying against yourself (2Samuel 1:16).
- Lying about happenings/events.
- Lying against God (Isaiah 59:13).
LIARS IN THE BIBLE
- Devil (John 8:44).
- Ananias and Saphira (Acts 5:3).
- The Old Prophet (1Kings 13:15-19).
- Gehazi: After he went to collect gifs from Naaman, he lied to his master that he didn’t go anywhere (2Kings 5:25).
- The prophets of Ahab: They prophesied lies. They came under the control of a lying spirit (2Chron 18:21).
SOME REASONS PEOPLE LIE
- Exaggeration – When you want to present a situation or something bigger than it is.
- When a person is possessed by the spirit of lying.
- When Satan fills your heart. That is why you have to guard your heart.
- When you fellowship with liars e.g parents, friends etc. The same spirit rubs off on you.
- Fear- When people are afraid of punishment for doing wrong.
- When we try to impress others, look good to them or deceive others.
DANGERS OF LYING
- Lying misleads others (produces errors).
- It perverts justice.
- It increases wickedness.
- It leads to death and destruction.
PUNISHMENT FOR LYING
- Result or success obtained by lying is short lived.
- Liars are constantly tormented by the fear of being exposed.
- Liars suffer disgrace when the truth is found out.
- Liars will end in the lake of fire.
Pastor (Mrs) Olanike Banso is a servant of God in Cedar Ministry International, Abuja, Nigeria. She has a ministry towards children using specially prepared Bible study outlines to minister to them.
Phone No: +2348155744752, +2348033113523